Friday, June 6, 2008

School's out for the summer!

For those of you who don't know, I will be spending my summer in Australia doing research on an IROP grant. (IROP = International Research Opportunities Program, at UNH) The title of my project is 'Australian Aboriginal Music and the social and cultural roles that it plays,' and that is precisely what I will be spending my nine weeks researching. I will also be learning how to play the didgeridoo, of course. I made this blog so I can keep you all up to date on what I'm doing and learning. I will hopefully be posting pictures throughout my trip. I will be departing the US on Wednesday, June 11, arriving in Sydney, Australia on Friday, June 13. So, stay tuned... and there will be more entries to come once I actually get to Australia!

Ciao for now.
-Luke-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke, I'm studying flamenco on an IROP in Spain right now and I'd love to hear more about your project...anything to do with music is awesome. Keep us posted! :)